Sunday, November 15, 2009

Natural Redhead wanting to do lowlights myself at home. Need help!?

My natural hair color is light to medium red. As I've gotten older, my hair color has gotten lighter and less bright. I want to dye it darker, but maybe just in streaks, like lowlights. So...



~How do I find a shade that won't look too purple? (remember I'm buying this stuff at the local drugstore)



~How do I know where to place the lowlights?



Natural Redhead wanting to do lowlights myself at home. Need help!?

Hello. The best way to do streaks is with a frosting kit. La Petite is a very good one. ( I have been using this product for 5 years and no problems). First of all, be sure that whatever shade you try, that it is a ash color---like light ash brown or light ash brown-red. Remember, ash tones cut red, and red tones cut green (ashy colors). This is the best way to go if you are doing it yourself. Good Luck.



Natural Redhead wanting to do lowlights myself at home. Need help!?

You could go to a professional first and see whats the best shade for you or you can look at hair colr samples at the hair store and ask the hair store lady what would look best on you.



I always thought that people with natural red hair look pretty because its so unique. Like Linsey Lohan changed her hair color. I thought she looked better as a red head.

No comments:

Post a Comment